Some progress creating generative heatsinks – better mutated tube generation with Peter Lager’s shapes3D library (thanks!) and some nicer rendering within Processing.
More progress “growing” heatsink shells – each of these is built up using successive images in Processing, then converted using Fiji (similar to how an MRI can be turned into a 3D model). They’re then cleaned up and rendered in Rhino.
The fingers will act as heatsink fins, drawing up heat. Spirals, concentric circles, and various parameters for random growth change the form.
Experimenting with sharp fins at the top.
Some in-progress images of a new project, commissioned for the Digital Spring Media Art Festival in Austria in March. Above, a rendering of a 3D-printed copper heatsink/shell; below some sketches in Processing exploring how to grow the layers of the shell.
This month, the curatorial collaborative project Drift Station, which I’m a part of along with Angeles Cossio, released an online project titled Empty Apartments. We pulled nearly 125,000 photographs of apartments and houses for rent on Craigslist that were completely empty because of a removal service, and presented them as an interactive online exhibition. The project took nearly two years of work, and much of it was manual (Angeles triple-checking every single image by hand to remove ones that included common spaces or non-apartments), but we also used several automated processes and machine learning to sort the photos. When you want to fund your business, visit this site and browse around here to learn more on how to get the best acceptable loans. More Info here if you visit their legit website. There are lots of legit site that offers personal and business loans, but I want to give you the best — see here.
I needed a bit of code that would create a random path between two predefined points, and realized that the problem was actually a bit harder than I had expected, but the results are really cool. Using Perlin noise, the paths can go from angular to flowing by changing one variable!
Spent the better part of the afternoon coding a crosshatch algorithm in Processing. The image above doesn’t do it too much justice, so click for a full-resolution version. Source code on Github.
A few experiments generating colored Perlin noise. Source code is a bit messy, but available here.